1. Sign up for CDL training classes at our Tacoma, Washington truck driving school by clicking the link below. Classes only take a few weeks to complete, so don’t hesitate and get started today!
2. Apply for CDL Instruction Permit:
a. Pass the knowledge test.
b. Bring current driver license and Social Security number.
c. Pay $10 application fee (cash, check, MasterCard or American Express credit/debit, some Visa debit cards accepted).
3. INTER-state (drive to other states) drivers must keep a current medical examiner’s certificate on file at the DoL. You must self-certify in person.
4. Complete training requirements. Training school will give you a certificate of completion to bring to DoL office. Must be the original, no copies.
An employer can type and sign a employer certification to bring to the office if they are registered with the DoL.
Military truck driver training is eligible with a Commercial Drivers Military Training certificate from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
5. Take a drug and alcohol test.